Thursday, August 7, 2008

Proverbs 31 Ministries

I am like alot of people who would love to do a daily devotional but rarely have alot of time to sit and read something in peace and quiet. I have come across a great website called Proverbs 31 Ministries. It has a section for daily devotions written for women and busy ( I accidentally typed busty, not me!) moms and you can subsrcibe to it for free. Since I seem to find alot of time to be on the computer I thought this was a nice way to get a small dose of peace and knowledge at the same time. Today I read one called "Hold Me" and the woman talked about a family member having a chronic illness and her praying and praying for God to take it away. He didn't take away the disease completely but he let her know that no matter what He was holding her close and would walk with their family every step of the way. This just about brought tears to my eyes as I was thinking about David's dad and all he is going through right now with his cancer. We so often want for God to fix everything but sometimes he just wants us to go through the valley and let us know that he is holding on to us no matter the outcome. It was really what I needed to hear today and I quickly forwarded it to David and hope he will feel the same way I did. Anyway, off my soapbox, here is the link:
www.proverbs31.gospelcom.net/devotion

5 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks for sharing that. It is a good reminder for me. I will definitely check out that site. We are praying for Lee, Sue and all of you.

TeamBortzfield said...

It is hard to know that God has the power to heal everything but chooses to use us for His glory and His purpose always.
For I know whom I have believed in and am persuaded that He his able. I can hear you playing that on the piano...

Sharon Hamilton said...

You forgot to put a tissue alert on that one. You have wisdom beyond your years. Love you

Andrea said...

Thanks for that Julie - I'm glad you passed it along and it's so true about the valley but most of us don't stop to think like that. You guys are setting a great example for us.

Raegan Brown said...

That is a really good site and although I subscribe to the feed, I admit that I don't make a habit of reading it daily. You've encouraged me to make it more of a priority though :) We will continue to pray for y'all.