Sunday, May 22, 2011

Soccer

Tate played I-9 Soccer this spring and really enjoyed it. He has never played before so we heard that I-9 was a good way to introduce kids to the sport. On the first day of practice the coach let the player who chose a number closest to the one he was thinking of choose the team name. Tate guessed closest and named the team the Bobcats. David and I were relieved because of his affection for deer, nature, and dogs, we weren't sure what he might say. The Bobcats had a 2-6 season. They won the first two games and lost the rest but each player got better and most importantly they had fun while learning the rules of the game.











2 comments:

TeamBortzfield said...

You're right sister, the team name could have been deer meat. Can't wait to see Tate play soccer, I just love him.

mimi sharon said...

What an aggressive little player; so serious. I like the name. good job Tate.