Thursday, January 31, 2008

I will miss this....

I heard this song yesterday on the radio. It is a country song by Trace Adkins( I don't really know much about his music but liked this.) I am reminded all the time that "they grow up so fast" and that we will "never get these times back" by family members and parents who have raised kids. I have to say this song brought a few tears to my eyes. I am this person always waiting on the next phase in life to start thinking it will be great. Really what I have right now is all I have ever wanted and I need to make sure I treasure each moment for everything goes so quickly and before I know it I will be the one telling some young mom to enjoy each moment for it goes by so fast!!
Trace Adkins, You're Gonna Miss This Lyrics
Looking for Trace Adkins tabs and chords? Browse alphabet (above).
Artist: Adkins TraceSong: You're Gonna Miss ThisAlbum: American Man: Greatest Hits Vol. II
Trace Adkins Sheet MusicTrace Adkins CDs
She was staring out the window of that SUVComplaning, saying "I can't wait to turn 18"She said "I'll make my own money, and I'll make my own rules"Mamma put the car in park out there in front of the schoolThen she kissed her head and said "I was just like you"You're gonna miss thisYou're gonna want this backYou're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fastThese are some good timesSo take a good look aroundYou may not know it nowBut you're gonna miss thisBefore she knows it she's a brand new brideIn a one-bedroom apartment, and her daddy stops byHe tells her "It's a nice place"She says "It'll do for now"Starts talking about babies and buying a houseDaddy shakes his head and says "Baby, just slow down"Cause you're gonna miss thisYou're gonna want this backYou're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fastThese are some good timesSo take a good look aroundYou may not know it nowBut you're gonna miss thisFive years later there's a plumber workin' on the water heaterDog's barkin', phone's ringin'One kid's cryin', one kid's screamin'She keeps apologizin'He says "They don't bother me. I've got 2 babies of my own. One's 36, one's 23.Huh, it's hard to believe, but ...You're gonna miss thisYou're gonna want this backYou're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fastThese are some good timesSo take a good look aroundYou may not know it nowBut you're gonna miss this"

3 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks for sharing. It is nice to have a reminder to savor these times because they will be gone all too quick.

Beth Hames said...

Are you trying to make me cry!?! That is a good reminder...

JessBless said...

Aaron was just telling me this morning that right now is the time he will think about when Aaris is all grown up and he's walking her down the aisle to get married, so he better treasure it. Taking in the moment sometimes is so hard to remember to do, but thanks for reminding us.